City of Residence: Easthampton, Massachusetts
School: The Williston Northampton School
Intended Major: International Relations / Business
Age: Grade 10
Alicia is incredibly creative, mature, and intelligent. She is always enthusiastic to learn, continuously putting her best effort into assignments and discussions.
After completing the Creative Writing program, Alicia and her family decided to continue working with us on a research paper the following year. With an enhanced level in writing and great interest in business, she is extremely motivated to dive into higher-level research work.
What challenges did she face?
- Alicia had ideas on her research topic but lacked the thought process on writing a high level research paper
- Alicia was taught to do citations for her paper and that is something she would continue to work on
A finance associate professor from Wharton School of Business, University of Pennsylvania. The professor is also an Associate Dean with California State University, Dominguez Hills in the College of Business and Public Policy.
How did our program help her?
- The mentor introduced her to new writers, themes in creative writing, and writing styles during each class.
- This program puts emphasis on literary texts, essays, and poems to strengthen student’s overall English capabilities.
- The professor had the opportunity to discuss Alicia’s research topic in depth and stimulated critical thinking in her.
- Alicia was guided throughout the entire process, from the flow of writing to providing sources to support her arguments.