COVID-19 Research on Business
Alicia is a 10th grade student from The Williston Northampton School. She took part in this mentorship program to work on a COVID-19 research on business.
Alicia is incredibly creative, mature, and intelligent. She is always enthusiastic to learn, continuously putting her best effort into assignments and discussions. After completing the Creative Writing program, Alicia and her family decided to continue working with us on a research paper the following year. With an enhanced level in writing and great interest in business, she is extremely motivated to dive into higher-level research work. Eventually she decided to work on COVID-19 research on business.
Scope of the program
- How to think about research
- Learn to become aware of the research process – the trial and error involved and the patience needed to search for ideas and resources
- How to engage in critical thinking
- How to complete the process
What challenges did she face?
- Alicia had ideas on her research topic but lacked the thought process on writing a high level research paper
- Alicia was taught to do citations for her paper and that is something she would continue to work on
How did our program help her?
- This program puts emphasis on literary texts, essays, and poems to strengthen student’s overall English capabilities.
- The mentor introduced her to new writers, themes in creative writing, and writing styles during each class.
- The professor had the opportunity to discuss Alicia’s research topic in depth and stimulated critical thinking in her.
- Alicia was guided throughout the entire process, from the flow of writing to providing sources to support her arguments.
Matched professor in COVID-19 research on business
A finance associate professor from Wharton School of Business, University of Pennsylvania. The professor is also an Associate Dean with California State University, Dominguez Hills in the College of Business and Public Policy.
“We met regularly and the discussions were excellent. Alicia is a very intelligent, hardworking and conscientious student. Ability to learn quickly and has an excellent attitude and work ethic.“Mentor from University of Pennsylvania