R Studio Stock Analysis
Siddharth is an upcoming first-year undergraduate student from India. He is interested in Computer Science and Mathematics and decided to take up a mentorship program on R Studio Stock Analysis.
Siddharth has recently completed his high school studies (top 10% of his class across all subjects) and is soon to begin his undergraduate studies where he will be pursuing Computer Science.
Scope of the program (R Studio Stock Analysis)
- Financial modeling of equity prices in the Indian Stock Market and study fundamental papers on the Capital Asset Pricing Model.
- Apply case study methods to test individual stocks for consistency with the CAPM model, and to evaluate relative risk of individual stocks to that of the overall market.
- To employ methods of significance testing using p-values to measure the strength of evidence in specific tests.
- To understand how empirical results can be explained by known features of the Indian equity market (e.g., negative alphas associated with companies in financial difficulty; high volatility in higher-risk sectors.
What challenges did he face?
- He would like to start preparing for university coursework since he has just graduated high school
- He would like to deep dive into further mathematical concepts to analyze Indian stock market
How did our program help him?
- Our mentor worked hard with the student in using R Studio for stock analysis to plot different types of graphs such as time series and clustering.
- Our mentor will be happy to write a letter of recommendation for the student for his undergraduate application.
A professor teaching Statistics and Financial Mathematics in MIT. He has been providing consulting services in financial and statistical analytics to a wide range of institutions through his company.
“Siddharth fully met my expectations — he always came to our sessions well prepared and proactive in the research work. He is a very quick thinker and his optimism and enthusiasm make it very enjoyable to work with him.“Mentor from MIT