City of Residence: Shanghai
School: Shanghai International School
Intended Major: Electrical & Mechanical Engineering
Age during program: Grade 11
Xavier is very passionate about electrical and mechanical engineering. He has many creative ideas and is very excited to share them. With strong guidance, his ideas have potential to become real design products.
★ University of Chicago Full Merit Scholarship
★ UC Davis Regents Scholarship USD30K
★ UC Irvine Directors Scholarship USD20K
★ University of California San Diego USD5K
★ University of California, Santa Barbara
★ University of California, Los Angeles
WHAT CHALLENGES DID HE FACE?
- Xavier would like to devise a wearable device that acquires bio-metric data and body motions of swimmers.
- Xavier had a lot of ideas, however there was a need for him to focus on the main relevant factors contributing to his design paper.
A mechanical engineering professor from Columbia University who teaches courses in thermal-fluids engineering and aerospace propulsion.
HOW DID OUR PROGRAM HELP HIM?
- We helped Xavier to review and improve his writing for the design paper.
- Additionally, Xavier has learnt to improve his patent application paper for his product design.
- Xavier has created a design paper, which describes the purpose, function, and dimensional characteristics of the wearable device.
- Xavier’s patent application was reviewed and edited.
- The program has provided valuable evaluation which pinpointed Xavier’s strengths and weaknesses.