City of residence: Shanghai
School: Shanghai American School
Intended Major: Psychology
Age during program: Grade 11
Under the IB program in her school, she is a highly motivated and enthusiastic student who went beyond what is expected of her in this Mentorship Program. Accustomed to remote learning, she has also done an online Independent Study course in Psychology through BYU in the US.
What challenges did she face?
- Audrey is passionate about psychology subject but needs help in learning statistical analyses to build a credible research paper.
- Audrey has written many essays in the past however needs guidance in writing a research paper in formal style.
A health psychology lecturer who holds a PhD in Doctorate in Psychology from UCL.
How did our program help her?
- The program allows her to gain insight into the research process and write up of the whole research paper in publication style (APA style).
- The program further allows her to explore research questionnaires/inventories that measure the variables, and help her with data collection and analysis.
- The professor introduced Audrey to software SPSS and provided guidance for data analysis.
- The professor provided guidance for a higher-level research paper topic.