She is a Bachelor of Science graduate who is interested to work on a Data Science project.
Daakshya is graduate with a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, specializing in Information Systems and Management. During her school time, she was involved in various leadership programs.
What challenges did she face?
- It was a big challenge for Daakshya troubleshooting coding issues and working independently outside of the mentorship sessions.
- Daakshya has strong technical data science skills, however she needs to build her data storytelling skills for non-technical stakeholders in future employment.
How did our program help her?
- The mentorship program Daakshya developed proficiency in Python programming, cloud computing, data manipulation and visualization using Pandas and time series modeling with libraries such as ARIMA and Prophet.
- Daakshya’s academic writing abilities significantly improved when she completed a high-quality research report on her findings as well as a PowerPoint executive presentation.
- Daakshya received a compelling recommendation letter from her mentor, Dr. Barry, for the purpose of future Master’s application and employment.
- Daakshya also did a PowerPoint presentation, detailing and presenting her research findings during her mentorship program
The mentor is currently an Adjunct Associate Professor in the Master’s in Applied Data Science at the University of Chicago. He has more than 25 years of leadership experience in technology and finance. Dr. Barry’s expertise also includes data science and AI, with experience on platforms such as AWS, Azure, and GCP.
“My favorite part of mentoring Daakshya was seeing her intellectual curiosity and motivation in action. It was an absolute pleasure to mentor someone as talented, kind, and motivated as Daakshya. I was consistently amazed by her motivation and independence, remarkable qualities in someone so early in their data science education.“Mentor from University of Chicago
Excerpts from student’s work
Excerpts from Daakshya’s final research paper on “Data-Driven Analysis and Forecasting of Airline Flight Delays”