City of residence: Shanghai
School: Shanghai American School
Intended Major: Biology/Computer Science
Age during program: Grade 10
Freddy is a student at one of the best international schools in Shanghai. He has high grades and is passionate about biology (neuroscience, DNA, environmental science). He is also into coding and has taken courses in Python and attended a Java summer program at Columbia.
★ Northwestern University
What challenges did he face?
- Though he has an interest for biology and coding, he has not acquired the skills necessary to conduct data analysis with real world applications.
A research assistant professor at Tufts University who has won multiple scientific awards.
How did our program help him?
- We set him on a 2-month program centered on using Python 3 to analyze networks.
- For his independent project in the program, he analyzed and represented the efficiency and properties of the subway systems of Shanghai and NYC using Python.
- The professor helped him explore deeply into the general principles of Python 3 to modeling such as the biological systems.
- The professor agreed to write a Letter of Recommendation for Freddy.