City of Residence: Shanghai
School: Shanghai International School
Intended Major: Sound Design or Entrepreneurship
Age during program: Grade 11
Lisa Lim is enthusiastic and has great interest in sound creation and design. She has taken the next step to further think about incorporating sound design into the business aspects for her career in the future. With a professor from NYU Tisch, she was able to achieve her goals and more!
What challenges did she face?
- She has good observation skills, however she needs to strengthen her understanding on sound creation, and how certain materials/props create certain sounds.
She is a picture and sound editor whose television credits include the Emmy-award winning series.
How did our program help her?
- She learnt to understand the roles of sound in conveying emotion and storytelling in music and in film.
- She learnt about description of human voice, description of interesting sound effects, description of general sounds
- The professor worked with Lisa to identify emotions through non-specific dialog in the environment and to connect that to music.
- The professor provided a step-by-step sound analysis and detailed description which evoked Lisa to think deeper into the subject.